So you’ve curated a collection of gorgeous photos from your travels and wondering how to edit them. There’s no harm in tweaking your travel photographs just a bit, in order to give their appearance a coherent style. This is especially important if you’re using your travel photography for any kind of editorial work, such as your blog, Instagram or selling your images to stock websites. Applying an Adobe Lightroom filter to your pictures is a great way to edit your images in a controlled, high quality way. If you’re new to using Photoshop or Lightroom or perhaps haven’t found the right present for your pictures then don’t fear! Here we have a step-by-step tutorial on how to create your own photo presents in Adobe Lightroom for your travel photography!
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to create your own photo preset for Adobe Lightroom:
- Import your photo into Lightroom: Start by opening Lightroom and importing the photo that you want to use for your preset. Once the photo has been imported, make any adjustments that you want to apply to the photo.
- Open the Develop module: Click on the “Develop” module to access the various editing tools.
- Make adjustments: Use the editing tools to make adjustments to the photo such as exposure, contrast, highlights, shadows, white balance, and any other adjustments you want to make.
- Create a new preset: Once you’ve made your adjustments, click on the “+” icon located next to the “Presets” panel on the left-hand side of the screen. This will open the “New Develop Preset” dialog box.
- Name your preset: In the “New Develop Preset” dialog box, give your preset a name that accurately describes the adjustments you made. You can also choose a preset group to save your preset in.
- Choose settings to include: Choose which settings you want to include in your preset by checking the boxes next to each setting. You can choose to include all of the settings that you adjusted, or only specific settings.
- Save your preset: Once you’ve chosen the settings to include, click “Create” to save your preset. Your preset will now be available in the “Presets” panel for future use.
- Apply your preset: To apply your preset to another photo, simply select the photo in Lightroom and click on your preset in the “Presets” panel. The adjustments you made will be applied to the photo.
Congratulations, you’ve successfully created your own photo preset in Lightroom!